1. It’s pleasurable.
2. Creativity is associated with positive emotions such as happiness, joy, and love. Contrary to popular myth, the negative emotions of fear, sadness, and anxiety stifle creativity. Don’t believe it? Read this.
3. It’s practical and useful for problem solving. When you need to solve a problem, you have more options to choose from if you can access creative solutions.
4. It helps you access all of you. Creativity uses both right brain, wholisitc and image based brain processes as well as left brain, logical, verbal, sequential thinking.
5. It requires you to take risks, which develops courage and confidence, and courage and confidence are handy things to have.
6. It develops efficiency. When you are comfortable thinking outside the box, you can get to new solutions more easily.
7. It encourages you to experience “flow,” where you are so fully immersed in what you are doing, that you effortlessly lose your sense of time.
8. It relieves boredom.
9. It makes life way more interesting.
10. Because you are creative.